Today on ZardCast, the podcast returns for its second season with CT, Dave and Duncan convening to discuss the 2015-16 Washington Wizards season, hit on the news from the preseason, who’s hopped off the Zard train during the offseason and run down what’s new with every guy on the roster.
ZardCast will return next Wednesday and will generally drop episodes on Wednesdays until January 2016. After the new year, ZardCast will return to it’s regular recording Sunday/released on Monday schedule.
The best place to figure out when a new ‘sode is coming and for all show-related updates follow us on Twitter, @ZardCast.
You can reach us at: ZardCast@gmail.com
Topics discussed include:
- ZardCast is back!
- We’ll be recording most Tuesdays between now and 2016, just as a head’s up
- Duncan returns from his sweatshop empire in Puerto Rico
- Aside from Cleveland, the East is wide open
- Preseason update: Wizards are 4-1, playing uptempo on offense
- DeJuan Blair is playing fairly well in the preseason, Wizards could try to move him to give a roster spot to Ish Smith or Toure’ Murry. Also, he has no ACLs
- Martell Webster is dealing with arthritis in his hip, hasn’t played at all
- Jared Dudley planning on playing in one of or both the last two preseason games
- Saying goodbye to Kevin Seraphin and Paul Pierce
- Did Seraphin’s signing to the Knicks move Carmelo Anthony’s needle (8===>)?
- Dave declares Paul Pierce one of history’s greatest monster
- The pod is recording without a soundboard, the guys feel like it’s affecting their performance
- CT and Dave rearrange their living room, had nothing on the walls in the entire apartment until two days ago
- Jared Dudley is a nice replacement for Paul Pierce
- Alan Anderson has ankle surgery, again
- Gary Neal is a nice upgrade at shooting guard, can provide some scoring off the bench
- Kelly Oubre Jr. might play a little more than expected, could be frustrating to watch. Randy Wittman could be quick with the hook
- The guys are bummed to see Bobby Portis averaging double digit rebounds in the preseason for the Bulls, would’ve like to see the Wizards draft him
- Let’s hope the Wizards really stick to a change in offensive style, if for no other reason than to play to John Wall’s strengths
- The guys try and hold off on drooling about John Wall, but can’t help themselves
- Should be the second best player in the Eastern Conference, could be a fringe MVP candidate
- Dave’s been texting and Snapchatting John, saying he’s completely focused on the preseason and keeps wearing suits around town
- It’s a contract year for Bradley Beal, leading the team in scoring would really take a load off Wall
- Marcin Gortat now wants to be called the Polish Gazelle, changed his number and was an advocate for “smaller ball” at the end of last season
- Gortat is the most consistent player on the team outside of Wall, it hurts him to play with Nene
- Nene is a big question mark on this year’s team. How is he going to handle coming off the bench to play center?
- Nene and Gortat vs. Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol would be an epic tag team wrestling match-up
- Watch this Stone Cold Steve Austin Stunner compilation
- CT had a lot of hot takes on wrestling as a sixth grader, could’ve done a podcast
- Kris Humphries is probably going to the be starting power forward, has been taking a lot of threes during the preseason.
- Dave would prefer to see Jared Dudley start at the four, CT likes Humphries as the starter
- Wittman will take to his grave why Humphries never played in the playoffs
- Uncle Drew Gooden is back, and that’s totally cool
- It’s Otto Porter time! Breakout player of the playoffs
- Duncan tried to temper Otto expectations, but is starting to drink the Kool Aid
- If you shout out the podcast on Twitter, we’ll give you a shoutout on the show
- Franzia is sponsoring the soundboard — “Franzia: Drink inside the box”
- Porter and Garrett Temple look alike on television
- If you’re a middling player or a scrub in the NBA, do you up your stats in NBA2K?
- Dave wants to talk about the blockbusters being released this holiday season, the podcast decides they’re into young adult fiction adaptations