Today on ZardCast, CT, David and Duncan convene on the eve of the Washington Wizards season opener to answer a number of predictive questions and preview the rest of the Eastern Conference. Plus: John Wall giving up Gummi Bears, spending a day with Randy Wittman, beef with the Fowl Shot, Otto Porter Vines, “The Milwaukee Zone” and plenty of trash talk.
ZardCast will return next Wednesday, Nov. 4.
The best place to figure out when a new ‘sode is coming and for all show-related updates follow us on Twitter, @ZardCast.Subscribe on iTunes
You can reach us at: ZardCast@gmail.com
Topics discussed include:
- Duncan has three Christmases
- Rest in peace, Flip Saunders
- Vegas has the Wizards win total at 46.5 wins, can they get over 50? What’s basement? (Barring a disastrous injury situation)
- “This Week in John Wall”
- CT botches sound drops, proves his fallibility
- John Wall reported to have given up Gummi Bears to improve his physique, conditioning
- Duncan used to wait on Wall while working at a restaurant, dude eats like a machine
- How big do you think Wall’s poops are?
- Does Wall knot a triple double this year?
- What would you do with Randy Wittman if you had to spend a day with him? Duncan picks bowling, CT goes with old movie screening, David picks suit shopping
- Who will be the most improved player on the Wizards be?
- Who will be the Wizards best bench player? Best hype guy on the bench?
- How many times the Verizon Center get free Chick-fil-a sandwiches this year? It was 14 last year
- Dave has a beef with the Fowl Shot, wishes the free chicken sandwiches were tied to the Wizards winning. Also, there’s (almost) one-and-a-half Chick-fil-as in the District
- Otto Porter will be an internet darling this year, already has some solid vines to his name before the season even started
- Will Bradley Beal average 20 points?
- What does Porter average? He’s going to be playing a lot
- How many games does Nene miss
- When does Nene start complaining about coming off the bench? Dave thinks if things are going badly, Wittman will turn to him faster, Duncan doesn’t think he’ll complain — If he embraces the bench role he will be HIGHLY useful
- Can Kris Humphries hit a third of his threes? What’s the Wizards’ plan with him? Does his shot get reigned in?
- When does Jared Dudley usurp Humphries as the starting power forward?
- We’ve got to talk about Martell Webster. Does he play meaningful, effective minutes?
- Do we see much of Kelly Oubre Jr.?
- Who are this year’s frontrunners for Wittman’s dog house?
- Wittman loves Garrett Temple
- Who gets jettisoned in a mid-season trade?
- The guys jostle through the Eastern Conference, labeling each team a CONTENDER or PRETENDER in the East
- Atlanta has regressed
- CT thinks a lot of teams in the East are in the Milwaukee Zone, getting a lot of preseason hype but won’t be as good or only be slightly improved
- The guys reminisce on the Wizards humiliating all of Canada by defeating the Toronto Raptors. Kyle Lowry hasn’t been able to eat right since
- Indiana doesn’t even sniff the Milwaukee zone, they’re at the bottom of the conference
- The New York teams are looking UGLY
- Chicago Bulls are FRAGILE (Even though they beat the Cavaliers as the pod was recorded)
- CT keeps calling the Charlotte Hornets the Bobcats
- The Cleveland Cavaliers might not get the No. 1 seed
- So where do the Wizards end up landing in this mess?
- NBA predictions with no explanation