Today on ZardCast, CT, Dave and Duncan begrudgingly discuss the Washington Wizards as they haven’t been very fun to watch as of late. They start off by addressing Internet drama with a certain Bullets Forever blogger, what they’ll discuss when the season ends prematurely, a gross loss to the Denver Nuggets, a wild win in Houston and being overmatched in Oklahoma City. Later, the podcast gets back to its roots by discussing the young adult fiction genre, Kevin Durant possibly going to the Warriors, Gilbert Arenas as the Frank Abagnale of strip clubs, John Wall’s third All Star Game and a February schedule that looks far more promising than January’s.
You can reach us at: ZardCast@gmail.com
Topics discussed include:
- Duncan explains his beef with Jake Whitacre
- The guys throw out ideas for what to do on the podcast whenever the Wizards season is actually over. CT suggests the O.J. Simpson drama, Dave insults the listeners and wants to read his TV pilots
- Wizards lose a gross one to the Denver Nuggets. Duncan says this was an awful match-up and says no one should’ve watched this
- Washington wins a wild one in Houston, get ONE defensive stop and hang onto the win
- Nene and Dwight Howard are both ejected
- The guys hate how the referees are always the focus in Rockets games between the cynical play of Howard and James Harden
- The pod gets back to its roots by discussing young adult fiction. Duncan watched Insurgent, CT is excited to watch Mockingjay, Part 1 on Amazon Prime
- The Oklahoma City Thunder smashed the Wizards
- Thunder couldn’t miss in the first quarter, any time the Zards would creep back in the game OKC would pour it back on
- Gene Wojnarowski floats the possibility of Kevin Durant heading to the Golden State Warriors
- Dave hates Karl Malone
- Gilbert Arenas admits to credit card fraud on Instagram, has really been going off the rails lately
- Arenas is like the Frank Abagnale of strip club security
- “This Week in John Wall”
- John makes his third All Star Game
- Dave hasn’t heard from John, wants to hire a skywriter to get his attention
- CT took a Caribbean history class because he loves pirates
- Who is the most swashbuckling member of the Warriors?
- Wednesday is looking to be a night similar to Kobe Bryant’s final time in D.C.
- Duncan went to a Capitals game and was reminded of the stark disparity between crowds at the Verizon Center
- The Wizards February schedule is much more manageable than January