Today on ZardCast, the guys convene to discuss the Wizards three-game losing streak, what it means to their playoff hopes, NBA teams as presidential candidates, a spicy episode of “Dave After Dark” that was too hot to air, Pop Culture Detour and much more.
You can reach us at: ZardCast@gmail.com
Topics discussed include:
- CT explains the term “boat racing” to Dave and Duncan
- Wizards lose three in a row, playoff hopes are slowly unraveling. Can they still make it?
- Losing to the Chicago Bulls,
- If the Wizards are the Marco Rubio of the NBA, the Cleveland Cavaliers are Donald Trump, the Toronto Raptors are Ted Cruz and the Golden State Warriors are Hillary Clinton
- After beating the Cavaliers in Washington, it seemed inevitable that LeBron James would would whack the Wizards in Ohio
- CT and Duncan watched the Indiana Pacers game at Matchbox, CT awkwardly watches the end of the match over a booth divider. Dave can’t get a bartender to change the channel from UNC-Duke to the Wizards
- Pelvic whacking
- Dave is frustrated by the lack information on Bradley Beal’s injuries, and overall with the lack of information from the organization on where these guys stand
- Breaking down what went wrong down the stretch against the Pacers
- Perplexing that Marcin Gortat wasn’t in at the end of the game, the pick and roll with he and John Wall is their best play. Plus, Gortat is the second best player on the team. How can he sit in crucial situations?
- Wizards have a chance at the end, Wall takes a bad shot
- Dave recorded a spicy episode of “Dave After Dark” after the Portland game, but iTunes and the FCC have since gotten involved. It might not ever see the light of day
- The Wizards losing in the middle of the night to the Portland Trailblazers was like a bad trip
- Buck was so mad the refs missed a six second violation on an inbounds pass at the end of the game
- The guys hate Gerald Henderson. How the hell did Alan Anderson get tossed at all, and in what world does Henderson not get tossed too
- Gary Neal waived, Marcus Thornton picked up. He’s basically the same player as Neal. Again, due to lack of information, we don’t know what ailed Neal or how severe it was
- Looking at the Eastern Conference standings
- Looking ahead to the next three, the guys all agree the Wizards will go 3-0
- Pop Culture Detour
- Discussing the new Game of Thrones trailer
- The guys all like “Better Call Saul,” Dave hates Jimmy’s brother for being allergic to electricity. Does knowing the endgame with Mike and Jimmy make the show any less interesting?
- Dinosaur Detour